Monday, February 21, 2011

2.21.2011

First off, Mom! I know your birthday was this past week, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! what are you like 25 now? I didn't get an email from you this week I hope everythings going okay. Also, Dad, did you send Stephen my email that I forwarded to you last week? I don't think all my emails go through for some reason... so it sounds like Sarah is doing awesome at everything, she won that art contest, and Stephen basically said she's a professional guitarist. I hope the jewelery thing is still going good mom, you sounded really excited about that in your last few emails, It sounds like it's the perfect hobby for you!
This week has gone by so fast, probably the fastest week on my mission thus far. I just talked to my MTC companion on the phone earlier today, it sounds like he's doing awesome, his trainer just finished his mission so Elder Emery is getting a new companion. He's in a country area in Arkansas, so he said he hasn't even seen a single black person since his mission. Haha so we're basically in opposite areas. It was really nice to talk to him though, I love that guy, I hope I get to serve with him in the future.
So today was the beginning of the new transfer. I don't think that our district is changing very much. The AP's called everyone this morning, letting them know whether they are getting transfered or not and to start packing their bags. Elder Badger and I are staying, and Elder Peay, the Zone Leader that lives in our house is staying, but Elder Lester his junior comp is leaving. So we're getting a new Elder in the house! and Elder Peay says he's training, so that means we're getting a Greeny in the house. I won't be the youngest missionary anymore. So that's cool. The actual Transfer Meetings happen on Wednesday. Elder Badger did get a phone call from President this morning, letting him know that he's not going to be District Leader anymore... because he's being made Zone Leader, so now I live with two Zone Leaders, they're both studs. I wonder who's going to be our new District Leader though.
This week just went by so fast. Thomas is our main progressing investigator right now, I love the guy, his only hold up is his smoking problem. I've given him 2 blessings now, and he still hasn't been able to go a whole day without smoking. It's rough. I've been reading through this 15 step smoking program that I found in the house, I think another missionary left it there, and it seems really solid. So in our next lesson i'm going to strive to commit him to doing these 15 steps that should help him quit.
His baptismal date is actually this Saturday, and we told him last Saturday that if he smoked again we'd have to push his date back, we need him to be clean for at least a full week first. I have faith that he can do it, we'll see him tomorrow to see if he's kept his commitments. If he has then you'll be hearing about his baptism in the next email.
I don't have a lot of time to write this week, so I'm sorry, but this email is going to be really short. It's President's Day and the library's closed, so we're emailing at the Midtown apartments, and there's a lot of other people who want to get on one of the 3 computers here, so I dont want to be on it too long.
If you ever get the time, it would actually be really nice to get my Burton backpack that I left at home, the little one I have is nice, but it would be nice to have a bigger one to use. So just send that with the next package you send out, I got my shaker cup and my hoodie and shirts and stuff so thank you so much for sending those. If you haven't thrown out my Casein Protein then you should send that out too (It was in that big white container, either in the pantry or under the sink in the bathroom on the main floor) and if you're sending that then you might as well send my Animal Pak body builder vitamins, there in my room in that yellow container. It looks like a big can. We're really trying to use that 30 minutes in the morning to get a good workout in, haha. The Frayser house really does have a nice weight set and a pull-up bar and some perfect push-ups. It's nice. But if you can't find that stuff or you've already thrown it away then no big deal.
I love you guys, I'm sorry this is short. Have a great week, you'll hear from me soon.
-Elder LeBaron

One more thing, go to google and type in Frayser High School and see what comes up. You can see why the law of chastity is a hard lesson to teach to the people here in Frayser.

No comments:

Post a Comment