Monday, March 28, 2011

3.28.11

Dear Family,

This week seemed to go by quicker than most weeks do, it's already P-Day again, it's blowin' my mind. I did get my contacts, thank you much, and I got your email this week mom, so that was good, haha. It sounds like you guys had an awesome time in Vegas! I wish I could have been there, you'll for sure need to send me some pictures.

This past week was great! We had 4 of our investigators at church, so that was amazing, we struggle getting 2 to church every week, and that's the mission standard, so church was gooood. Our investigator Stephanie was sitting in the back with one of the recent converts, Eric ( Frayser 1 Elders baptized him last transfer). I was speaking, so I was at the pulpit, and I look out, in the back, and see Erik just completely passed out and sleeping on Stephanie's shoulder, it was soo funny, Stephanie is really quiet and reserved, and by the look on her face you could tell she just didn't know what to do, but Eric slept on her shoulder like all of sacrament. He works the night shifts at a Mapco gas station, but he still makes it to church every Sunday morning, he's a stud.

Another surprise during church, we were in the Gospel Doctrine class, and near the very end of class Sister Riley walks in and sits down in the back. Elder Badger and I went over to see her about 2 or 3 weeks ago, she hasn't been to church in almost 10 years, and she's really involved with another Southern Baptist church, and when we went to visit with her she basically told us there was nothing we could do to convince her to come back to the Mormon church ( we found out she got offended by another lady in the Memphis 1st Ward) I went up to her after class, and I honestly was so suprised, so I was just like "Sister Riley! It's so good to see you here, I'm so glad you came!" and she talked to me for a while, and she said that while she was in her other church earlier that day, she thought about us, and she felt like she needed to come over and visit her "Latta Day Sains" as she would call it. But it was so amazing that she was there yesterday, that made me so happy.

We're struggling finding new investigators, we're mostly working with this woman named Star-neesha, her daughter Kamitra and this 17 year old that lives with them named Deonte'. They are all awesome. Star is probably the smartest investigator I've met here in Frayser. She has soo many questions, and a few times we've dipped into some deep doctrine with her, but she picks up information really quick. She has committed to doing everything she needs to to get baptized, and get this- the other day she called us to ask what chapter of the BOM we left her to read. That right there blew my mind. She reads the chapters and she writes down questions to ask us afterwards, it's insane. I love it. She told us about this experience that she had, where right before she went to sleep she prayed and asked God to know if the Book of Mormon is true, and that night she had this dream where she was sitting under a tree and all these Bible's were falling out of the tree, and then something hit here in the head, and she reached up and grabbed it, and it was the Book of Mormon. She said she took that as an answer, and apparently she keeps having these dreams about the Book of Mormon. She's honestly like the golden investigator. Star and Deonte' are getting baptized on the 9th, and so is Stephanie actually, and that's after transfers, so I might be out of Frayer by then, but hopefully President will let me come back over here for the baptism, because I dont want to miss that, they're so awesome, I love them.

This morning before we came to the Library to email we went to this "Get Motivated Seminar" at the FedEx Forum in Memphis. Bro Floyd had like 20 tickets and he gave them out to missionaries. We only stayed for some of it but it was pretty cool, we got to listen to Terry Bradshaw, and Mayor Rudy Giuliani (the mayor of NY during 9/11), and a few other famous people, Laura Bush was there but we left before we could here her speak. It was all about motivation, and Memphis TN sure could use some of that. It was good though.

I don't have a lot of time today, we have a lot planned. So i'm sorry this is short. I love you guys, have a good week. Oh, and I'm gonna send a letter home sometime soon, because this Lady in the ward wrote a note for "Sis LeBaron" that she want's me to send home. I guess it's notes she took on my talk in sacrament that she wanted you to hear, but I promised Sis Ginn I'd send it home. Love you.

Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment