Tuesday, June 14, 2011

6.14.11

Dear Family, Friends, and anyone else who might take the time to read this,
In the words of Big Mike, Wut da budniss is? How ya'll doin? cause I'm doing pretty good. I have to mention that I'm in the library right now and there's a man next to me, and I think that this is his very first time using a computer. He asked me how to get onto craigslist, so I grabbed his mouse and got onto internet explorer, and he was like, "woah woah woah, what did you do right there, how'd you do that?" and I was like, bro I just double clicked on the internet icon. It blew his mind. lol. and he just asked me where the e was on the keyboard. People in Memphis. They're a little nuts.
I guess everyone has been watching the video Monique posted Sunday night. It was way wierd to be in the room with someone else that was actually texting family and friends from home. JD and Mo are super cool though. Yes, I know Elder Badger is a tad bit rude, he wants me to be single when I get home so we can party it up together as bachelors and go get some women together. lol. I don't know why he even cares because he's gonna be married by the time I get home anyway, He's 9 months ahead of me. But like I said in the video, Kelsey already knows how I feel. Elder Badger will grow up one day, lol. He seriously is probably the best and closest friend that i've made here on my mission, I love the guy to death. Elder Fry is up there too, cause we're going to the fire academy together after the mish. I think he was on the video too, he's a stud. But I'm happy you all enjoyed seeing me on Facebook.
Dad, your garden looks awesome. Mom, I think that trip with all those girls will be good for you haha, you'll have the time of your life, come what may and LOVE IT! Sounds like everything is great back home. Parents, I've spent a lot of money this month. The suckish thing is, there was a crazy wind storm and the power went out because these powerlines fell over, and all my food in the fridge and freezer went bad... So, I'm way sorry, but I took money out of saving so I could eat. Just wanted you to know. Also, I sent my SD card home, you should have it or be getting it way soon, so you don't have to dis-own me mother.
I want to ask another favor of you dear family. I don't know if ya'll have seen it but there's this movie called "Prophet of the Restoration", It's about Joseph Smith, obviously, and it's awesome. It would be more than helpful if you could send a DvD copy of it to me. I honestly think every missionary should have one. It's more than perfect for people investigating the church and it's so spiritually powerful. You should watch it too, for family night or something, it's awesome. No rush of course, whenever you guys get around to it, but I really wanna watch it with some investigators.
Alright, so this past week was really good! Idk if you remember Star-neesha ( I baptized her a little while back), well her daughter Kanitra got baptized on Saturday! It's crazy. That's the 7th baptism that has come from the work me and Elder Badger started in Frayser my first 2 transfers. I got to confirm her on Sunday, and then I actually got to confirm Shemeika right after, because somehow she's been busy or sick every Sunday since she got baptized like a month ago. She finally made it though, so I got to do 2 confirmations in sacrament meeting, one right after the other. It was really cool, haha. So church was bomb.
I think I've told you about Rachel, well we saw her twice this week, and she's getting ready to be baptized this upcomming Saturday. I'm so excited for her. She's been investigating the church for over a year, but things are finally starting to progress. We met with her last night and we had such a spiritual discussion with her. She has a lot of questions about Jospeh Smith, and the early days of the church, and she even asked about polygmy, she had a lot of doubts about the church... but as we kept talking she started to change her perspective and we were able to answer her questions. She said a couple nights ago she was really nervous and wanted to call her baptism off, but as of last night she seems really excited and confident in her decision. I've been praying and praying that this baptism will go through. Please keep Rachel in your prayers, I want her to be baptized so bad. She's so ready... Satan is just filling her with doubt. I have faith that this will happen though.
I'm trying to think of what else has been going on, we had a lot of days where we just walked and walked and seemed to have no luck, but I know we'll have more success soon. It always comes after the trial of your faith.
This has honestly been the hardest, and most stressful transfer of my mission. Elder Jones is a great guy, but I have been struggling serving with him. I need to focus on the good, and have more charity for him. I'm striving!
Lol, the crazy thing is that I miss Elder Hardy, and I never thought it'd be like that at the start of my last transfer. Haha, I talked to him on the phone the other day, and he said he's waiting for his letter from Kailey.
I'm pretty much out of time, we have to get to work. I love you familia, I miss you so much. Talk to you next week.
Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment