Monday, June 6, 2011

06.06.11

Alrightt Familia,
Not too much craziness has happened. Mission good. I read Benjamin's first letter, sounds like he's doing awesome in the good ole' MTC. I'm so excited for that guy, I can't wait to hear about his cool experiences. I don't have lot's of time today, and yes Mother, I'm sorry, I pinky promise to send you an SD card this week. lol. Sorry, time just flies, and I still haven't gotten to it, I can't believe another week has passed, andddd just 9 more days till Elder LeBaron hits the big 1/4 mark on his mission! what the freak happened, my first 6 months are almost behind me. This is madness. So I get to have a ceremonial tie burning soon, it'll be sweet, don't worry I'll record it for you.
Let's talk about this past week. Alright, so last Monday. Actually before I get into that, I should give you some background info. Elder Fry, one of the coolest missionaries I've served around, can do standing backflips, it's legit. Elder Badger decided he wanted to learn one P Day, and then we all started joining in. Elder Fry spots people. So you jump up and start your flip, and he'll stand next to you and flip your legs around for you. It's crazy. Then we started doing it off of trees because it's easier and it's cool. (We may be spiritually maturing out here, but we're still 19 year old kids) Anyway, last Monday Elder Jones, my freakishly tall greenie, decided he wanted to just go for it and do it off a tree, and so he did. He did it about 3 times successfully with me flipping his legs around for him, and then the 4th and last attempt he totally ate it and landed on his face. (Don't worry Mom, I'm always safe when I do it) So he looked like he got jumped or had a fist fight with someone all week. It was a good conversation starter. haha, I think he's done with backflips. His face is healing up nicely though.
The rest of the week honestly feels like a blurr to me. It was sooo hot though. It got up to 107, plus some nasty humidity. We carry around hankercheifs to wipe the sweat off of our faces when we contact people.
Oh, it was Keisha's B-Day on Friday, so I made her a cake. You'll see it when I send the pictures home, haha, it's a pretty nice cake if I do say so myself. We took Ronnie and helped him get a present for Keisha, I payed for it, but it felt good to help him out. We just printed out a big picture of Ronnie and Keisha together, that we took on Elder Jones' camera the night before, and then bought a frame for it, and put it in there. I thought it was a good gift, they didn't have any pictures of the 2 of them in the house. Then we made her that sweet cake. I think she really enjoyed her birthday, it turned out well.
We're teaching this investigator, her name is Rachel, and she is way awesome. She has 3 little kids, Aquantez, Kobe, and LuLu. She's been investigating the church for about a year now. We were able to set a baptismal date with her this past week for the 18th of this month. She has a testimony, I know she does, but she always talks about how she's scared to get baptized because she doesn't feel good enough, and she doesn't feel like she's 100% ready. We've talked to her about how you don't have to be perfect to be baptized, and baptism is just the begining. A lot of people have that same feeling, where they're unsure they're ready, but it's really bothering her. I want her to get baptized so bad. She's passed all the interview questions, and I KNOW that she is ready, we've had such spiritual lessons with her, and her heart is in the right place. I'm worried she's gonna get too nervous and back out. Please keep Rachel in you're prayers, and pray she'll have the strength and courage to be baptized.
My companion still has trouble waking up, but I started using a squirt gun. It works like a charm. All blessings are predicated from obedience, so I'm just looking out for him. The work is progressing and things are really good here in Raleigh. I know this is way short and I apologize, I spent a good chunk of my time emailin stevey today, it was important. but I love all of you. Have a great week!
and thank you Alyssa, and Bethany and Jared and your kids for the letters, It was so nice to hear from you, letters are the best. Give me some time and I'll write you back.
Love Elder LeBaron
ps. Thank you Dad, you're email was helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment