Monday, July 25, 2011

07.25.11

Alright world,
How's it going? Things pretty bueno? Mom it seems like you've been in Utah forever. I bet Dad misses you. I miss you too, but no biggie I'll see you in 17 Months.
The mish is treatin me well, like usual. Are you ready for the big news of the week?? Okay here goes- Sister Mary Hoth was officially baptized Saturday, by the one and only Elder Logan Jones (My companion). Thank you for keeping her in your prayers. The baptism was great, and I was so happy to see Elder Jones get back in the water. The only bad news is Martha didn't get baptized with her. She didn't feel ready when Elder Lester interviewed her on Thursday. We'll be meeting with her this week and talking about everything. Hopefully we'll be able to reset her date. Her mom set the example though, it's only a matter of time before Martha follows her footsteps. I'm excited we'll still be able to work with her.
Joe and Alexandria are doing great. They are still planning their wedding for next month, and then they'll be able to enter in the waters as well. Exciting things are happening in Raleigh.
We found this crazy awesome guy named Micheal. He's so elect. He's been prepared for the restored gospel, he just needed to white guys like me and Elder Jones to knock on his door. He's progressing, and has a baptismal date for the 6th of next month. He's looking way good. We get to meet with his wife and daughter this week too, I'm way excited!
We're seeing so many blessings, and I know it's because of our new commitment to be obedient with exactness. We're are striving to do every little thing we can to follow the white hand book. Of course we miss the mark in a few area's, sometimes lessons go a little long and we get home a few minutes late, and sometimes we get to studies a couple minutes late, but we're striving to tie up all our loose ends, and be everything God has called us to be. We only have so long to serve, we gotta be the best we can for the Lord, no regrets!
I'm so pumped up as of late, I just got this new fire for the work. I just wanna teach everyone I see! Haha, I went on exchanges with Elder Badger, and he pointed something out to me that I hadn't really noticed. We went tracting together, just like the good old days, and after we knocked a few doors he was like "dang Elder LeBaron, you're a lot more presistant than you used to be" I didn't really notice, I guess I was just sick of people giving lame excuses of why they don't have time to listen to a message about our savior that could change their life for eternity. I definately don't give up easy at doors anymore. I guess I'm getting better at this missionary thing. There was this devotional we watched a while back given by Elder Holland at the MTC, where he said " Be persistant! My wife's Avon lady is more persistant than most of you and she's just selling mascara". It's so true, we have something so much greater to offer than anyone who has ever knocked on their door, we can't give up easy! and when you just bear sincere testimony of how important the message you have to offer is, people feel that spirit, and almost always say you can at least come back when they have more time, you just need to show them how much it means to you, they can see that when you look them in the eyes.
Transfers are in 2 weeks, and If anyone is wondering, I will probably stay in Raleigh another 2 transfers. I don't think my work here is done, and the AP's and Zone Leaders confirmed I'd be staying for a while. That makes me happy. I love this ward. It sure does need a lot of help, but it's a great place. I've been working closely with the ward mission leader in the ward, and helping assign recent converts to specific ward missionaries. I've been in the ward for 7 months, so I know almost all of the recent converts, the tough thing is, we have like 40 or so, and so in ward correlation it's hard to discuss the needs of all of them, that could take 3 hours or so. Brother Godwin was concerned with that so he's picked me and Elder Badger to help him give the meeting some direction, and follow-up with the ward missionaries with the work that they do. We have 5 sets of ward missionaries, and only 3 assignments were given. So this past week we changed that and now there are 30 assignments, they have one convert to see a week, and the full-time missionaries will pick up the slack. I don't think that's too much to ask, we'll see how it goes. I get frustrated with some of the ward missionaries. They don't seem to want to do anything, and they complain that we just baptize for numbers, which really gets me heated. They have no idea how important every single convert and investigator is to us and how much time we spend on our knees praying for these people. I don't understand why they are frustrated with us baptizing so much, it's what we're called to do! Sure these people aren't perfect, they have a lot of problems, that's why they need these active white members we have to fellow-ship them. I guess there's a lot of segregation going on in relief society and all this crazy stuff, and we're getting some negative feedback from investigators and convert women after they come out of relief society, saying they are getting persecuted for the fact that they have children out of wedlock and tattoo's and such. This is an on-going problem. ugghh. It's stressful. I shouldn't get frustrated, its tough though, I'm trying to continually develop christ-like love for even the most frustrating people. lol. It's a work in progress.
Well... It's just getting hotter and hotter out there, and we're biking more and more, so I'm getting a nice tan. It's the collar-ed shirt tan, so whenever I wear a t-shirt I look pretty ridiculous.
I love you all, have some fun for me this week. Pray for miracles, and please keep Martha in your prayers. I'm gonna see if we can make a miracle happen and baptize her this Saturday. She's ready, and I don't want her to forget the spirit she's felt, especially at her mothers baptism.
Talk to you all next week.
-Elder Justin LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment