Monday, August 8, 2011

8.8.11

Dear Family,
Aloha, how are things?? This past week/ past two weeks was really good. Sorry I didn't really write an email on whats going on last week, I thought we'd have time to stop back at the library and send another email, but there's never as much time as I think. Our days are pretty much packed.
Things are goin good here in Memphis. The transfers officially over. I'm sure you're curious as to what's goin down. Well, here's the news. Last Wednesday I got to attend a Leadership Training Meeting with President Petersen, The AP's and 8 other missionaries. I didn't know why I was there until halfway through the meeting when President told us that we were there because we were selected to be Trainers this up-comming transfer. WOOT! I get to train a brand new missionary. I'm pretty excited. What's really cool is there's a new program that's being put into motion starting this transfer for trainers. It's called "the first 12 weeks" and in a nut-shell, it's just going to give new missionaries a jump start on their mission and help them learn a lot faster. By the end of the 12 weeks we wanna get them to the point where they would feel comfortable training a new missionary if they were called to do so. It's legit. I have a lot of reading to do, but I'm really excited because I feel like I'm going to learn so much from having the opportunity to train, especially with the new expectations that are being put forward. Some of the biggest changes are the fact that there's going to be 2 hours of companionship study for new missionaries, only for the initial 12 week period, AND we get our own DVD player, so we can use the PMG dvd's and "The District" for studies in the morning. It's sweet. Every companionship will receive one by Zone Conference, but trainers get em early, so Elder Jones and I have already been using it for studies. It's sweet. I get my mission son on Wednesday. It's gonna be tight. I'll tell you about him next week. haha, I am way excited.
So some crazyness is happening with the ward. Elder Badger (my mission dad) is getting transferred, AND his companion Elder Carson is also getting transferred. They're getting what we call "white washed" or two new missionaries are going to the area so they have no idea what work has been going on and they don't know the recent converts. I dont know why they're doing that to Frayser 2, because it's one of the highest baptizing area's in the mission, and now no-one in the area will know the 15 or so reacent converts in the area, most of them I was apart of baptizing. But, it's okay, since I'm still in the ward hopefully I'll be able to go on exchanges with the Frayser elders.
So... crazy story. Elder Jones and I were on bike week this past week, and we biked up to this neighborhood and decided to go tracting, but we forgot our bike locks, so we just hid our bikes behind a big green electrical box thing. We tracted for like an hour, finally ran into this awesome guy named Amos (just like the prophet), we taught him the first lesson and actually set a baptismal date with him. We walk back to get our bikes, and surprise, Elder Jones' bike got straight jacked! (stolen) I felt bad, but for some reason who ever stole his bike decided they wanted his more than mine, cuz mine was left behind. Probably because I only have one full pedal, the other one is like a little stub now cuz the pedal broke off, it still works fine though, lol. What's real crazy, is this was like the nicest area we ever tracted, whenever we tract in the ghetto triangle area where there's tons of homeless people we just hide our bikes in this ditch, and no one ever finds them. I think I'll start bringing my lock, it's way heavy, but it's probably worth it.
The work is moving forward, things are bueno, we're emailing at the church and there's tons of missionaries in here so I can't concentrate, there's a lot of noise, and they thinks its funny, lol, but you know me. So I'll write you a better one nxt week in the library with my new missionary. I love ya. peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment