Monday, January 31, 2011

1.31.11

Dear Family,
I opened dads email and the first sentence was- MY HAIR IS SUPER DARK BROWN i'll have to send you a picture... and then I realized it was from Sarah, but I was like what the heck. Sounds like you all are doing good. Mom congrats on the jewelry thing, It sounds like you, so just keep doing your thing. It was way nice to hear from you Sarah, congrats on the play!
My week was good, weeks go by super fast, I feel like it was just yesterday I was sitting in the Library emailing last P-Day.
This past week a lot of changes happened with Memphis 1st ward, concering the ward mission leader, and how often we are allowed to baptize, and ward efforts, and such. Brother Mosley our ward mission leader was only allowing us to baptize twice a month, and he would give us those days, and that can be a struggle because some investigators can't work their schedule around that, we should be scheduling around our investigators and when it's best for them. President Drewes came to ward correlation with us this past week and we all sat down and had a chat, and a lot of changes were made. President Drewes has decided that he's going to visit our ward twice a month for the remainder of his mission though, which is 6 more months I think, so that's cool. We have a good ward, but it struggles, we don't have very many active members at all. There are maybe 5 families + the bishopbric that attend every sunday from what I can tell, and a lot of our efforts on Saturday are geared towards getting less actives to come to church the next day, along with our investigators.
On Thursday we stopped by Brother Galleway's house and as soon as he let us in he told us, "now it's okay if you guys come over and study the Bible with me, but I don't want to know anything else about this book" and he handed us his Book Of Mormon. That was a rough visit, and by the end of the visit Brother Galleway asked us not to come back, and that same day we met with a woman named Cherri and we taught her the 1st lesson, and by the end of it she was yelling at us and telling us that we were trying to brain wash her and that we needed to leave. I have no idea how it turned into what it did, but we got outta there pretty quick. What's worse is later that night we realized I left my scriptures in her house, so we had to go back and retreive them.
We're teaching these two girls, Kierra and Chasity, and they're really solid. Idk if I told you about them in my last email, but we contacted them on the street last week and taught them the first lesson, and after we finished teaching the great apostasy they were anxious, and they were like "well did anyone bring back Christ's church??" that's such a perfect reaction, but anyway, teaching them is going great. They're preparing to be baptized on the 12th of February. On Saturday we taught them the Law Of Chastity. That was interesting, and they just happened to bring 2 of their friends over to be taught, which is great, but we were teaching L.O.C to four 20 year old girls. It was the most interesting lesson i've ever taught, and it got way akward because they started asking Elder Badger and I personal questions, which we tried to politely avoid, but it ended on a spiritual note and they commited to living it, and we got two new investigators from it.
I sent my SD Card in the mail this morning, so you'll get it soon. I'm sorry I know this email is really short, I had some technical difficulties today with my library card for some reason, so I lost about an hour of email time, but I have to wrap this up. I love all of you guys, and I miss you.
It would be really awesome if you could send me my shaker cup, that I used for my protein drinks, and maybe one or two of my shirts and my BYU hoodie, and maybe some stamps, because it's way hard to find time to get these things, and I have lots of envelopes but I only have one stamp left.
Stephen thank you for writing me two letters, It was really nice to hear from you! If I had time I'd write you back, I promise I'll write you next week.
I do have to get going, I bet it'll feel like tomorow when you hear from me again. Take care,
Love, Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment