Wednesday, January 5, 2011

MTC Week 3

Dear Family,
First things first, We got our flight info this week, We're officially saying goodbye to the MTC on January 11th. Our flight leaves at like 6:00 a.m. and so we have to be at the travel desk by like 3:00 a.m, so thats exciting. I know, that is longer than 3 weeks, I forgot to tell you that we're one of the districts that gets to be in the MTC for 4 weeks. It has something to do with the holiday season and traveling and such. but i'm definately okay with having another week to prepare, but I am for sure excited to get to Arkansas!
I miss everyone back home, I miss listening to Jack Johnson, and I miss red bull. haha, but I'm doing great. I dont know if I remembered to thank everyone for all the packages I've received. so Thank You! I love all my Christmas presents, I can't use the mp3 player until i'm out in the field, but i'm excited to try it out once I get to Arkansas.
Everything has been going really good, I would have to say Sunday was one of the best days I've had here in the MTC thus far. We had an amazing fireside, and then we got to watch some of the District 2, which is awesome, it's like live video recordings of missionaries teaching investigators, and the progression towards their conversion, and it's really awesome to watch, I love the District. and it really gets you pumped to go out into the field. That night all the Elders in my room and I had a really great conversation about why we're all out here, and what we wanna get out of this, and what we're excited for, it was a very spiritually powerful night. I'm having a great time.
So mom, about your question, the 11th is on Tuesday, so I'll actually be calling sometime tuesday morning, not Monday, and it'll probably be around 5 or 10. those are my guesses, lol, I'm not sure how this whole thing goes, so just expect a call sometime in the morning, I'll be excited to talk to you.
Sarah! I dont know if you've received my letter yet, because you said you haven't in the last dear elder I got from you, but I promise I mailed you one! and that was last wednesday, so I hope you have. I love your letters and miss you so much! keep writing me and I promise i'll keep writing you okay!
I'm leaarning to love my companion more and more everyday, like i said he's a lot like ben, but he's really pesemistic sometimes, haha, but he's quickly becomming my best friend, probably because I have to be with him 24 hours a day. I think one of his favorite things to say is "people are retarded" lol, bbuutt I found out he loves the song "give said the little stream" like from primary, lol. soo I sing it all the time and it makes him happy, haha. he calls it the little river song.
I'm really starting to love everyone here, its gonna be hard to say goodbye to my district, and a lot of the elders that aren't in my district too... these guys are all great. So I ordered this Arkansas shirt in the Book Store, it just came in today, so now I can rep my mish call. Their state motto is : the people rule. I thought that was funny.
I've started to feel like i've been getting kinda fat, so I started working out again, they give you these exersise bands, they're like giant rubber bands to work out with, lol, and I just get like 4 of them because nobody really uses their's and I found some good ways to do curls and chest press and chest fly and back and some other stuff, so it's nice, I miss the gymm but this works for now. Its a good way to release stress.
I taught a lesson in the District Meeting on sunday and it went really well, it was on Praying with Faith, and the blessings you'll get from making yoouu''rree prayers more sincere. If you have a preach my gospel you should looookk at Ch 4, its on recognizing the spirit, we dont look at it much in class but i study it in personal time and it's way awesome. I suggest reading threw the ssection titled "Pray with Faith" it just opened mmy eyes to a lot of things, and its way awesome.
Alright, well I got to go finishh uupp laundry, I love all of you! Keep sending letters, I love hearing from everyone, a lot of elders say letters here mean everything, aanndd tthey definately do help so much.
Next time you hear from me i'll be in Arkansas!
Love,
Elder LeBaron

1 comment:

  1. Hi :), don't know if you remember me, but I'm your Dad's friend (we met on Guild Wars)...and I think you may have played as well. Just wanted to say that it sounds like you are having a learning experience of a lifetime! I hear the joy in your voice and the exuberance gushing from your heart...God Bless You and keep you safe and on track! <3

    ReplyDelete