Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Arrival in Little Rock (Letter arrived snail mail)



Justin wrote this the day he arrived in Little Rock AR. (01-11-11)

Dear Family,

I am writing this letter from the mission home. We just got here, President Drewes and Sister Drewes are awesome. So get this craziness, after I called you and got on the plane, I was privaliged (sp) enough to sit next to a woman with an 11 month old baby girl. I was reading my scriptures and her baby started pulling on my suit jacket, so we started talking. She was really nice! She asked me after a while why my bible was so big, and we started talking religion. She told me about how she wanted her daughter to grow up in a religious home, but that she couldn't find a religion she completely agreed with. She didn't like how Christians worshiped the symbol of the cross because she knows her Christ is alive (obviously our plane seats were not a coincidence) I mean how perfect is this situation, she is one of the elect) and she believed there were unanswered questions in the bible, and that religious leaders should not be paid, and she just told me so many things, and so many questions that she was so passionate about. Things that our church had the answers for (of course, because it's true) But she was anxiously looking for these answers. Needless to say she's going to look at Mormon.org I gave her a pass along card, and she told me she was going to read the Book of Mormon! She sounded so excited. Like this is what she's been looking for. Too bad she lives in Mexico and not Little Rock. But she was so awesome. Best plane ride of my life.

I'm here safe. I love you!

Elder LeBaron


No comments:

Post a Comment