Monday, May 23, 2011

5.23.11

Dear Family,

What it do? (as the kids say these days) Sounds like everything is pretty gucci back home. Gucci means good around here, and that's pronounced Goo- Chi. like Gucci Mayne, the rappa. Sarah got braces! that's pretty exciting, send me some pictures sometime haha. Don't worry Sarah, they'll only hurt all the time, until you get them off.

Mom is livin the unemployed life now, that's cool, now you'll have time to send me that package ;) haha, don't worry I've only been checking the mail everyday, but I do that regardless. Just giving you a hard time, but please do send it this week, I want to give CTR rings to these 3 kids I'm teaching. Dad, your letters make me laugh, I can just imagine you saying some of those things sarcastically, like you always do. O....K. haha.

Anyway, onto this week. This week was way gucci. I got my new companion, and guess what? He's just a little greeny like me. He's been out 3 months. So I am officially a senior companion now, at 5 months, and I'm his follow-up trainer. I think it was Brother Moore or someone at my farewell, and they bet that I would go senior comp at 4 or 5 months, I can't remember exactly, but it happened. Pretty crazy... I found out from President Drewes I'm the youngest senior comp in the mish. I'm honestly way happy I got a greeny, because they're humble, and they're willing to work hard, they just pretty much follow your example, so it's cool. I was kinda stressing about it at first, because I don't want to screw the kid up, but now I'm just excited to tear it up this transfer, If I work hard and let the Lord lead our companionship things will work out for the best.

His name is Elder Jones. He's from Salem (sp?) Oregon, he grew up in the church, he's super tall, 6"4 to be exact, so we're both two tall white towers walking around in the Ghetto, he's real skinny though, weighin in at like 150, so he's what mom would call a bean pole. Btw I'm at 196 right now. Hopefully I'll hit 2 hundo soon, I'm working on it. Don't worry ladies, it's all pure muscle. Elder Jones is a cool guy though. He needs to be motivated when it comes to getting out of bed in the morning, but if that's the hardest thing for him, we're gonna have a great transfer.

At transfers we we're walking out and President just smiled at me and told me to keep baptizing, so I guess that was the advice I got for being senior comp. I think it's pretty good advice. Elder Jones hasn't had a baptism yet, so I need to make sure I get him in the water this transfer. He needs to get that fire you get from your first baptism, it's all the more motivation to get your next one.

It's been hott here in Tennessee. Like scorching, plus a lot of humidity. So we're sweaty all the day long. You honestly feel like you went swimming or something, because you're drenched. Its awesome knocking on doors covered in sweat. Livin' the dream. You get to feel the nice AC for a second, until the shut the door on you.

Erbin is doing alright. He hasn't had a cigarette in 3 days now, which is awesome. His Uncle took his Book Of Mormon from him I guess, and told him that we worship Joseph Smith and not Jesus Christ. I don't understand some people, did he not read the bold letters on the cover that say Another Testament Of JESUS CHRIST. Come on bro. but Erbin says he knows that it's true and that he still wants to get baptized, we're just not allowed to come over and teach him anymore. So we'll have to call him and meet him at secret locations now, which is okay, but I want to get him baptized as soon as possible, especially now that's he's already dealing with some persecution. So please pray for him, hopefully he'll get baptized this Saturday.

Kierra, another girl Elder Badger and I taught in Frayser got baptized last Saturday! It was way awesome. She was always so solid, but she was living with her boyfriend, but she finally decided to kick him out. She said she's finally ready to turn her life around. I guess she was planning her baptism for a good 3 weeks, she just told Elder Badger to keep it a secret from me because she wanted to surprise me haha. She's so awesome. I'm so proud of her.

Star-neesha, who I baptized the begining of last transfer, moved from Frayser to Raleigh, so now I can go visit her again. I was happy about that, she's awesome, and now Elder Jones and I can work on getting her daughter baptized as well.

Things are going good here. We met this cool guy that looked like Lil' Wayne and he fed us some watermelon, he said he admired us for walking around in the heat and spreading the good word. We had a really cool first lesson with him, and come to find out, he's a way spiritual guy, hopefully things will progress with him this week. His name is Devin. He also told us if we have any problems in the neighborhood to let him know and he said he'll "take care of it", I thought that was funny. He's a nice guy.

I'm pretty much out of time, but I love you guys, you're in my prayers, thanks for your letters and your support! Sorry if it's a little short, I don't like this library, it only gives you an hour on the computer, and I have to read all the emails, then write one, and then write a president letter, so much to do so little time. but I love you all.

love,

Elder Justin LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment