Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas in the MTC (12.29.10)

Hey Family!
Sorry, I somehow sent that one sentence to you, that was an accident. lol. ne way, yea this past week went by so fast, its crazy, because the first week went by so much slower. New missionaries got here today! haha, thats the first time thats happened since I've been here, I don't feel like the new kid ne more.
So things have been great! Let me tell you about our Christmas here in the MTC. So we had a regular breakfast, nothing special. Then, at like 9:00 a.m. we had an MTC talent show! which was awesome, I guess the only time they do that is for Christmas, and I was thinking of auditioning, you could rent out guitars and ukulele's to try out, but they said no love songs, and I was going through my head trying to find a good song I could play that I knew from memory and I couldn't think of ne thing great, so i decided I'd just enjoy watching it. There was definately some great talents, some Elders re-did a Tenacious D song, it was hilarious, its was like- The best prayer in the world, and then the second verse was the best scripture in the world, it was so ligit, haha, but I'm sure a lot of you older folk don't understand. ne way, that was really the only one I remember, oh, except a bunch of elders from germany re-did a Lady Gaga song, and I have yet to get it out of my head, it was funny though.
After the talent show I think we just had some down time, if I remember correctly, then at 2:00 we had our afternoon devotional, and guess who showed up for that, Elder Russel M. Nelson, it was really cool. He is such a smart man, I was just blown away by his talk. That lasted until 4:00. We had dinner at 6:00, and then a second Christmas Devotional at 7:00, where we watched a play of "The Christmas Carol" I think, the one with scrooge, haha. It was great, I really liked it, my roommates didn't like it very much and slept, but they missed out, it was awesome. oh, and on Christmas Eve we got to watch Mr Krugars Christmas (sp?) that was nice, it brought me back to my seminary days. I liked that.
I would go into more detail about what Elder Holland said but I cant remember off the top of my head, and my notes are in my room, we just hear so many talks thats its hard to keep them all straight.
Besides Christmas this week was a lot like the first week, just a lot of learning and teaching. We got a new teacher, his name is Brother Reid, I love him, he's a great teacher. If we dont get to class on time (My roommates and I are always 15 min early because we're exceptional missionaries) then you have to do a door approach to get in, and if its not any good he'll slam the door on your face, so it's great practice and it's even better to watch all our fellow district members struggle to get in. Bro. Reid let me take over as the investiagator for the door approaches yesterday and that was a good time, haha. We're learning tons, and studying and working hard. There's no where i'd rather be.
Something I learned this week that I thought was really awesome, we heard a talk from David A. Bednar in one of our classes, and he was talking about an experience he had with some missionaries once. Some Elders came over to his house one day, they played some basketball with his children, had breakfast, and just spent some time hanging out at the house, after about an hour and a half they were getting ready to leave and they asked Elder Bednar if he had any refferals for them, he looked at them and smiled, and then said "I wouldn't give you two Elders any refferals". when he said that they looked really confused, he then went on to explain, If they had stopped by, and politely said they just wanted to share a quick message from the scriptures, share it and then leave to do the work of the lord then he would love to give them refferals. that's a very condensed version of what he said, but it was a good lesson, I really started to understand how important it will be to get the trust of the investigators.
I'm quickly running out of time and I'm a slow typer, thank you everyon for the letters! I've gotten about 30 letters and 7 packages in two weeks, my district members are getting frustrated and saying i should have my own mailbox, lol, its great so keep it up, haha, I love hearing from everyone. thank you for all the Christmas presents they're wonderful, I had a talk I wanted to ask you to send to me but I can't remember what it was... I guess I'll ask next time. I love all of you so much! You're always in my prayers, have a great New Years!
Love,
Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment