Tuesday, October 11, 2011

10.10.11


Hey family,
 
   I'm really pressed for time this week so it'll be a little short. This week just blew by. It's insane, I feel like I didn't have enough time to do anything.
   Tuesday after Zone Meeting I went on exchanges with Elder Wawro in Frayser. It was good to be workin my old area for a day. We had an awesome lesson with this lady named Lillian, who we committed to stop smoking, it was really spiritual, we were all tearing up through it. She wants to quit so bad, but she keeps giving in. I hate cigarettes. I want to burn down all the tobbacco companies. It ruins lives. Her daughter has serious lung problems just from all the second hand smoke she's been breathing growing up. She can hardly breathe at all. Elder Wawro gave Lillian an awesome blessing and we set a baptismal date for this weekend, but she ended up smoking about 3 cigarettes every day after that visit, so they had to push it back. The rest of the day was just fall through appointments and finding.
  Wednesday we got to see Crystal and Dennis, they're looking awesome for baptism on the 22nd. Then we went and gave Star's daughter Mari a blessing. We did some finding, and had a good lesson with the Jacksons.
  Thursday and Friday was super busy. Thursday we had to drive down to West Memphis so I could do some baptismal interviews, and Friday we were in Midtown so I could do some more baptismal interviews, I think I did 8 total. Then we went down to Dyersburg with the AP's to help them with a few things. 
  Saturday was the baptism for April, Kierra, and Erica, all from the Midtown elders,and I got to interview all of them and they are awesome. That was a cool night. Afterwards we went to the stake center to help Brother Presley with his little Elvis concert, lol. That was fun. It was like 30 single adults sitting at a table watching brother presley put on a show, and he's a great guy and he gives it his all, but he's really hard of hearing, so he can't exatly hear his own voice, he's a little tone deaf. I was entertained though. We were in charge of the lights and the fog machine, haha.
   It was a good night though, me and Elder Kowalk took a few pictures, I'm gonna attach the one of us in front of the temple.
   Like I said, this week has just blown by, but I guess it's because I did work in 3 other areas. Something crazy I found out - President called me and told me he's been thinking about closing Raleigh and moving me over to the Memphis 2nd Ward to open a new area. I guess Elder Badger and President talked a lot about how having 4 set of missionaries in the Memphis 1st ward made it hard for the members to supprt the missionaries in their efforts and how Raleigh was probably the hardest area in the ward to work fr different reasons. So the ZL's in Frayser are going to cover our Recent Converts and I'm going over to Memphis 2nd and opening a new area next transfer. and word on the street is I might be training again because of the huge amount of missionaries we have coming into the mission next transfer. Idk, we'll see what happens. I most likely wil hop zones. I am excited though, cuz my MTC comp Elder Emery is in the Memphis 2nd ward, so I'd get to work closely with him.
  I gotta bounce. but I love ya'll. keep it real. and please do send me some of your world famous grape juice, it wouldn't feel like the holidays without it.
   Stephen, you're a bum for not writing, but I still love you. Alyssa, happy belated birthday! now neither of us are teen-agers. It's madness. Sarah- kick butt at Districts, show em what you're made of! and ne one else who wants a shout-out, word up gangsta.
 
Elder LeBaron--



No comments:

Post a Comment