Monday, October 31, 2011

10.31.11


Aloha familia.

    Dude Sarah, I like the pictures, your farmers tan is ridiculous. lol. Thank you for your e-mails, I really appreciate them. Mom, it sounds like you're still staying strong with working out. Keep it up!! You talking about your goals made me think of this book I'm reading, its called "LEADERSHIP" it's by an apostle from way back in the day, but there's a whole chapter devoted to goals, and goal setting, and accomplishing them. It talks about how powerful the mind is, and how our mind set and our attitude can change everything about our lives. Everyone in this world has an idea of the person they want to be, or an accomplishment they want to acheive, but often times it just fades away as a dream that seems immpossible to reach. Thats what the natural man will tell you and thats what satan tries to get you to believe. What we need to realize is there's no limits to our righteous desires, at all. We our the offspring of God and were made in his image, we have the capability to become all that he is, like it says in the scriptures. We have every power and capability to acheive any goal we have on this earth. Impossible really is nothing. In this book he talks about the CAN DO inside of us. The power and discipline we have over our minds and our bodies to acheive. Most people don't intend to be late for meetings, they just end up running behind. Usually there isn't detramental consequences for being a few minutes late to anything, it's the norm, mormon standard time, lol. But if someone was going on a trip they wouldn't dare miss catching a flight, they would almost always get there with plenty of time, because they know there will be no refunds or re-scheduling. It's the CAN DO inside of us that makes us catch a flight, but often times we don't have that same CAN DO for making it in time for Sacrament or other meetings, or some of our smaller goals and intensions in this life, and because of that we miss the mark of obtaining our full potential. When we look at our goals as something that we HAVE TO do, where we cut off the idea of retreat, or making our goals optional, then we would never miss the mark, just like we would never miss a plane. It's given me a new prespective of goals and self-mastery. So I just wanted to say good job moma, keep up the CAN DO attitude. Impossible is just some imaginary boundry we put in our minds. We constantly need to tear it down.

   This week has been crazy madness my friends. We moved into the new apartment in East Memphis, and it's sick, as in awesome. The walls are clean. The carpet looks like it's never been walked on. It's a brand spankin new missionary apartment. It's been nice living there the past 3 days. It was really fun moving too, we got to throw stuff off balconies and things, that's always cool.

   This morning has been the craziest morning of my life though. We figured Elder Kowalk was getting transfered outsta here because I'm done training him now, so as usual the AP's called this morning and told him to pack his stuff. Then I get out of the shower and the phone rings, and I see that it's President. So I answer, and he tells me I need to pack my stuff too, he said he was planning on leaving me in Memphis East, but last night he woke up, and had the impression that I was needed as a Zone Leader in Arkansas. So that blew my mind this morning. I was so surprised that I kinda zoned out after he said that and forgot I was still on the phone with him, lol. He said I'm gonna be opening a new area with another Zone Leader on the other side of the river. So that was madness. I was planning on giving you guys my address today so you could send me stuff if you want, but I'm gonna have to wait another week since I'll be moving again. The best option would honestly be to send stuff to the mission home, because I'm gonna be on that side of the river in two days anyway.
   I don't know how I feel about going to Arkansas, or being made Zone Leader, I was only a District Leader for one transfer, but I know the Lord calls us in our weakness. He takes raw materials and refines them into his ultimate design, so I know It'll all be bueno.
   We've just been working with other missionaries right now since we haven't officially had an area this week. Raleigh is being closed and Memphis East is being open and we've just been in the middle of the transition, and but both of us are being transfered somewhere else, so it's been kinda crazy.
   I was in Memphis 2nd Ward yesterday, and we had a really great church service, I really enjoyed it. It was the primary program, and the week before we saw the Memphis 1st ward primary program, so we've just been watching little kids sing and say funny stuff. It's been good.
   I hope I enjoy Arkansas, but then again it's just everything I make of it so I know it'll be good if I want it to be. I kinda have those butterflies you get in your stomache the night before a big day, like Christmas or going to Disney Land or something. I've never been too far into that side of the mission, and I know that in like 8 days I'll have to give a Zone Meeting with whoever my Zone Leader companion is, to missionaries I've never met. This is exciting, lol.

Well. Happy Halloween, have some fun for me. Carve some pumpkins, eat some candy, and watch some freaky movies. I enjoy this time of the year, I'm excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I hear missionaries are like celebrities on those days, depending on the ward. I hope I get fed like 5 times in one day, and if not, I can always eat some delicious ramen. haha. I've been buying a lot of tuna lately, cuz its way good for you and way cheap. AND, believe it or not, tuna mixed in mac-n-cheese is pretty good. I recommend it.

Family, Friends, and anyone else who could possibly read this. I love you all. Thank you for your support. You make the world go round.

ps. Keep your eyes peeled for anything that could be useful in a teaching situation. I like to try new ideas. Another elder I went on exchanges with has this legit dvd of what he called "Mormon Messages", it's like parts of conference talks with videos and music put to it. They are super legit. If you find anything about those, I definately wanna get my hands on those. Or if you have any inspirational church dvd's or talks on CD's or anything like that. I'd love some more of that stuff, for training meetings and teaching situations and things. AND if you ever find a little inspirational qoute book, those are helpful too, lots of missionaries have LDS qoute books, from apostles and leaders and just famous smart people. So all of these things are things that I would be able to use.

Alright, now I'm really gonna get going and email president. I love love love ya. Talk to you in a week and let you know how Arkansas is. Have a great week, and remember- CAN DO.

peace love and much happiness

-Elder Justin LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment