Monday, October 24, 2011

10.24.11


Aloha family,
 
   Sarah! Good job, sounds like you're doing awesome in school, i bet your glad I showed you the example of what not to do, lol. Keep it up! It makes me happy to hear that you're getting in good habits so young.
   Mom, I love you, keep working hard in the gym, haha, it reall does make me happy to hear the whole family is trying to be more healthy. A healthy family is a happy family, right?
   Thanks for the E-mail Dad, sometimes I hit some rough patches out here in the mission field, I do find it really helpful to hear mission stories and experiences from others who have previously served. Since both my parents have, I could learn a lot from you. I've been trying to ask RM's that are in my ward out here and any I run into, because their answers always interest and motivate me, and also give me idea's as a District Leader on how to help my District, But, I know, just like Alma tells us, that by small and simple things great things are brought to pass. I've been asking other people that have served , what worked in their mission, how they found success, what changed their mission around. President Garrett, in our stake presidency out here has told us that in his mission, what really turned everything around was praying for your companion during lessons. He said their mission president set an expectation, where just like it says in Preach My Gospel (even though this was way before PMG was even thought about) That during every lesson, when your companion was teaching, you would face him, listen, and fervently pray in your heart that the words he's saying will touch the investigator, and that he will be led by the spirit. President Garrett said this worked miracles in his mission, they went from baptizing on average 1.8 people per missionary to baptizing 10 or 12. I know that many blessings we can and will receive from heaven are conditional on whether or not we pray for them, prayer is the key to unlocking them, but when he told me that story I thought that was amazing, that truly is a miracle.
    So Mom and Dad, and Grandpa, and anyone else who reads this and wants to email me back. What worked on your mission? How did you find success? What do you remember that had a big impact on you? What miracles did you see? I wanna know. I need all the help I can get, and there's no time to waste.
 
   This past week the office Elder called and kinda surprised me. They told me to get all the stuff in our apartment ready to move and pack up our suitcases because we'll be moving Wednesday. So Raleigh is getting closed in 2 days. Transfers aren't even until the 2nd, but they said this was most convenient for them. So I have been going around with Elder Kowalk trying to say goodbye to everyone that I've come to love and care about here in Raleigh. Since I really haven't moved my whole mission it's a little exciting, but at the same time it's kinda sad. I'm going to miss the Memphis 1st ward, but I'm really not going far. I'll only be like 30 minutes away from Raleigh.
   I went on exchanges like crazy this week. I think I only got to work my area 2 days. I went to West Memphis to work with Elder Bigelow for a day, lol, and I honestly loved that, he reminded me a lot of Elder Hardy, he's super socially akward in the best way, he cracks me up. I had a lot of fun with him. Then the Zone Leaders asked if I could exchange with them while doing a double exchange with Jonesboro so that they could still have 1 ZL in Frayser. So I went up to Jonesboro over in Arkansas with Elder Gerber, and worked with another District Leader over there named Elder Dispain, it was interesting. He's getting ready to go home in like 9 days, so its always interesting talking to missionaries that are on the end of their rope like that. and we had this really big training meeting that was kinda like a miny Zone Conference, so I stayed really busy this week, I was in and out of a lot of different area's.
   Then Friday I spent most of the day in Midtown and Frayser doing baptismal interviews for my District. Oh, and guess what? We had 6 baptisms Saturday as a District! It was awesome. The only thing that would have made it better is if Crystal and Dennis got baptized, It was frustrating because I was gone in other area's all week so I couldn't be here to prepare them for Saturday, and when Friday rolled around Elder Lester interviewed them and I guess they both decided they wanted to wait another 2 weeks. I'm not even going to be here in 2 weeks, so I'm a little upset I have to leave before they get baptized, but the Zone Leaders are suppossed to take over and work with them after we leave. I'm sure I'll be able to come down for the baptism though.
    So yeah, if anyone wants to send me a letter or a package, please don't send it this week, wait until I get my new address. OR If you want to send something now, send it to the mission home and they'll give it to me in like 9 days at transfers. So send it to the little rock address.
   I'm short on time, but I love you all. have an awesome week. Keep on keepin' on.
 
Elder LeBaron-

No comments:

Post a Comment