Monday, April 25, 2011

Dear Family,
Happy Late Easter! Sounds like it was a good one. Thanks so much Sis Boyd and Kelsey for the Easter package, I got the package slip in the mail Sat night, so I had to wait until this morning to get it, but I was very greatful. I'm looking forward to the package from my dear family that I'll probably get today.
Alright, so lets start with the best part of my week! That of course is Saturday night, because that's when the baptisms happen. Travis, aka Big Man, the investigator Elder Hardy and I were working with is now a recent convert :) He was baptized by my dear friend Elder Hardy Saturday night. What made that day even better, was Stephanie Lewis ( A lady Elder badger and I were working with since one of the first weeks of my mission) was able to get baptized Saturday night as well! Stephanie and I had a really close connection when I was in Frayser. She's an older lady, and she had serious problems with alcohol, and tobacco, and she had to make a lot of sacrifices to be baptized. I think Elder Badger and I set 3 baptismal dates with her when I was in Frayser and they all fell through because of the struggles she was having. I wanted her to get baptized soooo bad. When we found out I was leaving Frayser, we told Stephanie and she started crying because she said she was losing a friend. We took pictures and said goodbye. Then I find out I was only moving 10 min away and staying in the ward. So I've seen her a few times since then, but I was soo happy when Elder Badger called me up and told me that Stephanie was getting baptized, and that she wanted me to baptize her :) So I was able to baptize her Saturday, best night of my mission. That baptism meant a lot to me. The spirit I felt was unbelievable.

On top of all that, there were 7 baptisms in the ward that night! Big Man, Stephanie, her 2 kids Fildal and Diamond, a lady named Tomica and her 2 kids Corneesha and Lavelle. It was an amazing night. We have a picture of the 6 Missionaries and 7 Investigators all dressed in white. It was so awesome. Our District is tearing it up, and we're being so blessed, I'm lovin' it.

Alright, back to the rest of my week. last Monday, after I emailed you we went mountain biking, that was a lot of fun. Then, of course, we went to CiCi's and had round 2 of the pizza eating contest. Now what's funny is Elder Hardy was talking himself up all week long telling me how he was going to destroy me, he loves to smack talk, but he's not the best at backing it up, lol, I love it. We get to CiCi's, and by the time I down 30 pieces Elder Hardy is at 19. I stop there because there isn't any competition. Elder Hardy was determined though, lol, so he spent the next 20 min struggling to eat another 3 pieces leaving him with a totall of 22. Then he went out in the parking lot and it all came back up. It was a beautiful night, lol.

Tuesday, I spent a lot of time taking a Defensive Driving Test, to get my driving privaledges back, which sucked because it took almost 3 hours of proslyting time. I'm allowed to drive again, which is good, because Elder Hardy doesn't have a drivers license. President OKed me to drive earlier this Transfer, but Salt Lake was getting upset at the Mission Office because I wasn't suppossed to or something, either way, I had to take that test, and now I'm good. Then we had our weekly Tuesday basketball with the youth, that was bueno.

Wednesday was a crazy day. We went with Bishop to help him with a situation dealing with one of our the recent converts in the ward Jim Garrison. Jimbo is renting out a house in the Triangle area of Memphis, and I guess this Mexican Lady he knows forced her way into his house, and started paying him rent, even though she is still technically trespassing because she's not on the lease and Jim has no legal rights to let her rent a room there. So somehow Bishop got caught up in this and we went there with him to kick this mexican lady out with the Landlord. Either way, it was the worst. She hated mormons, and she had the mouth of a sailor. She used more swear words than I realized could possibly fit in one sentence, it was horrible. What's worse is she had 3 tiny little kids, and she was swearing at them, and swearing at us, and swearing at mormons, and swearing at God. She was like the devil himself. I was helping her move her stuff out of the house while she ranted on about how mormon blanks have no blank standards and I need to find a new church blankety blank blank. I was so heated on the inside, I just wanted to tell her off, or punch her or something, but of course I didn't. It took like 3 hours before we were finished with that. Not fun.

The rest of the week was pretty good from then on, because we actually had full days of proslyting. We did a lot of tracting in the hot sun, and I turned the color of a tomato. We did a lot of good finding that will hopefully turn into some New Investigators this next week.

Elder Hardy often trails behind me when we're walking places and tracting and such, and I'll usually wait for him and try to get him to walk with me, but I wanna walk fast enough to actually get a days work done. I tell him to walk with me all the time but sometimes I'll just keep on walking without him so that we can pick up the pace. This week a Lady stopped us on the road and told us how horrible it looks when we're not walking together and if we're going about Gods business we need to be united. I was greatful for that, because now Elder Hardy walks right next to me, and sometimes I'll slow down a little if I have to, just as long as we're walking together. That lady was cool though.

Another crazy thing that happened this week. We stopped at the Frayser house to eat lunch one day, and I used their bathroom, and I looked over and realized that there was a turtle in their bathtub. lol. First off, missionaries aren't allowed to have pets. Second, There are 2 Zone leaders that live in the Frayser house.... haha, Third, there was a squirt gun taped to the top of the Turtle, and they labled him "Blastoise". For those of you that don't know what Blastoise is, feel free to ask Kelsey Boyd, I know she is very experienced in the subject of Pokemon ;) It was hilarious, lol. I picked him up by his water gun and then he hissed at me so I just put him back. Elder Badger and Nelson were leaving a surprise in the shower for Elder Peay and Fry.

This week was good though. I heard from a little birdie, also known as 2 zone leaders, that Elder Hardy and I are going at least 2 transfers together, so I at least have 8 more weeks with my good friend. We're gonna have some fun together. I love you all so much and miss you.

Thank you for writing me Danielle, it was good to hear from you! Tell your husband I miss him and want him to email me more.

Have a good week everyone!
Love, Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment